Green Tea is mentioned in the magazines as being used by Hollywood celebrities such as Johnny Depp, JLo and Gwyneth Paltrow, and it touted by marketers as an ancient Chinese to lose weight, but does it really help you lose weight or are the effects over hyped?
The truth is both, the effects are massively over-hyped, by marketers but it could potentially cause some weight loss since green tea contains antioxidants, which boosts your metabolism this being said a recent study said to burn 80 calories, you would have to drink 5 cups a day, now 80 calories is nothing, if you ate just one bag of crisps, that’s on average 133 calories, so one bad of crisps cancels out a whole days’ worth of green tea.
This is why it far more important to change your diet and exercise, than buy into fad diets like Green Tea.
It’s not going to be easy but if you combine the below 7 simple rules, with other posts on this site such as Why Most People Fail to Lose Weight or Get Abs and Top 5 Abs Exercises For Men And Women then you will lose fat, and tone up.
7 Simple Rules:
- Eat Breakfast –As it will give you energy and make you feel less hungry the rest of the day, example breakfasts would include Omelettes or Weetabix.
- Eat Every 3 Hours – The way I do it is breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, this causes you to be Less Hunger, as your fuller which results in less Cravings, also if you try and eat at fixed times every day, your body will get hungry at those fixed times. For example if you always eat breakfast at 8am, shack at 11am, lunch at 2pm, shack at 5pm, dinner at 7pm, shack at 10pm.
- Eat Protein with Each Meal- Protein is needed to build and maintain muscle, they also aid fat loss due to their thermic effect.You should eat at least 1 gram per pound of body-weight, so if you weight 200lbs, you should eat 200g/day, the easiest way to do this would be eating Beef, Chicken, Tuna, Eggs or even Whey with most meals, although these are just 5 examples, other fishes and meats would also suffice.
- Eat Fruits & Veggies with Each Meal, they are low calorie, full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber, examples include: apples, bananas, tomatoes, lettuce, etc, a more thorough example is mentioned in my Top 4 Best Fruits For Weight Loss and Top 10 Best Vegetables For Weight Loss articles.
- Stick to Healthy Fats ONLY as they improve fat loss and health, but be aware avoid artificial fats such as trans fats. Examples would include:
- Saturated Fats from butter, whole eggs, red meat etc these can boost your testosterone.
- Monounsaturated Fats such as from Extra virgin olive oil, nuts etc, which can help protect against heart disease.
- Polyunsaturated Fats such as from Fish oil can promote fat loss, decrease inflammation and increase testosterone levels.
- Drink Loads of Water these will help with muscle recovery and dehydration prevention, equally when you’re thirsty your body sometimes thinks you’re hungry.
- Eat Healthy 90% of The Time, the reason I say 90% and not 100% is because studies have shown the difference in result between 90% and 100% healthy is insignificant, this means if you eat healthy Sunday-Friday you can have a Cheat day on Saturday.
Example Green Tea Diet Using The Above 7 Simple Rules:
- Breakfast: Omelette and green tea
- Snack: Nuts
- Lunch: Tuna Sandwich
- Snack: Banana
- Dinner: Chicken, with mushrooms, tomatoes etc
- Snack: Cottage cheese, salad and berries.
People also read
12 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.
Leave A Response