After my “Top 4 Best Fruits For Weight Loss” article, I have had a few requests to write a follow up for vegetables and I have gladly obliged.
As with fruits vegetables are great source of energy, vitamins, fiber and minerals however they are not equal, and as with fruit, some vegetables are better than others. Moderation is once again key.
The top 10 best vegetables for weight loss:
- Lettuce is a core staple ingredient for a healthy diet, it can be included in almost everything, be it as a low calorie salad to eliminate hunger or In a meal as a alternative/replacement for cabbage.
- Tomato is the same as Lettuce in that it is core staple ingredient; it goes with pretty much everything from a low calorie salad to omelet.
- Peppers again goes with pretty much everything, however what may surprise you is that there is actually a difference between red peppers, green peppers and yellow peppers, besides the obvious color difference. Health wise Red peppers are the best, as they have both more vitamins, nutrients and contain antioxidants; they are personally my favorite in taste. Orange peppers are the least healthy pepper, with green peppers in the middle of red and orange, this being said they are all healthy.
- Carrots are a great source of Vitamin A and beta-carotene, among other things. It is one of the best detoxifying vegetable.
- Garlic and Onion these are “flavor boosting” vegetables so add flavoring to most dishes, they also contain antioxidants, but remember Garlic is a great blood thinner so while it is good for reducing high blood pressure, eat it in extreme moderation
- Spinach is a good source of Vitamin E and C, manganese, beta-carotene as well as zinc, and other nutrients and can help with inflammatory problem etc.
- Courgettes breakdown amino acids among other things making them good for indigestion, they also lower your blood sugar level and for weight-loss
- Leeks are a great source of vitamin C, K, B6 and iron, they also provide the body with antioxidants and high levels of Folic acid.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamin A, and an excellent source of fibre & protein.
- Beans contain proteins, antioxidants, low lever of glucose (sugar). This combination also provides energy.
You can either eat these vegetables raw with a dip as a snack or in a dinner.
Additional information about others Veg ideal to Diet you can find in this Video
People also read
8 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.
Leave A Response