What is Scabies ?
Scabies is caused by a skin infestation from a mite Sarcoptes scabiei, that buries itself into the top layer of skin.
This is where it lives and lays eggs. Once the skin has become infested with these mites, a pimple-like rash with intense itching will occur anywhere from 4 days to 6 weeks. If a person has had scabies before, the condition can occur very quickly; if a person has never had an infestation, it can possibly take 4 to 6 weeks for symptoms to develop. Because of the intense itching that scabies causes, a secondary bacterial infection can occur from scratching.
Prolonged Skin Contact
Direct prolonged skin contact with another scabies infected person is the most commune transmission form, in particular Sexual Contact set the scabies as one of the sexual transmitted disease
The aspect of the prolonged skin contact is a key factor to get infected because therefore a handshake or hug will not be enough to spread the disease, but borrowing the clothing or sleep in a bed with an infected person yes.
Normally Scabies is presents in crowed places in which people are living in close proximity and produces skin rash with and intense itching especially during a night and in specific part of the body such as :
Around the penis area, between each fingers, between breasts and often also around the navel or any part from the neck down.
For more info click the image on the left.
Natural Home Remedies for Scabies
Tea Tree Oil for Scabies
Tea tree oil is very commonly used to treat scabies at home. It contains anti-microbial, anti- inflammatory and itch relieving properties. This Oil can be effective for removing these mites from the surface of the skin and the eggs as well as where they have burrowed.
In order to reach all places at the same time:
> Pour 10 to 20 drops of the oil in a warm bath > take bath twice per day for 2-3 weeks.
> For the most infected body part, apply the Tea Tree oil directly on any burrows on the skin by using a cotton ball
Neem oil extract is a powerful anti-viral and anti-bacterial Oil to treat skin infection. It’s easy shop Neem Oil in Vitamin shop or Pharmacy. It’s a very effective treatment for scabies, and it also helps to soothe the pain and itching that scabies causes. Please note that an abuse could cause a risk of abortion in case of pregnancy.
How to use:
- > Mix 2 tablespoons of Neem oil with a liquid soap > run a warm bath and add the mixture on it. > Bathe for 15-20 minutes once per day for the next Two weeks until the scabies disappear.
- > Using a cotton ball, you can also apply the Neem oil over any affected areas of the skin after your bath
The most effective way to use:
- > In a warm bath add Two cups of Borax and bathe for about 15- 20 minutes. To enhance the Borax bath
- > Mix some additional hydrogen peroxide in the bath water
- > Take bath once a day for 2-3 weeks until the scabies disappear.
Use also Borax for washing your bedding sheets and any cloth that has been in contact to scabies.
Zinc is an anti-parasitic and an anti-bacterial product that will help to cure any infections that have resulted from scabies.
Zinc comes in powders and tablets as well as a zinc oxide ointment, which is commonly used to treat or prevent sunburn. In this case, make the zinc into a paste if using a tablet or powder, and rub directly onto the affected areas.
Turmeric, cayenne pepper, and rosemary are all effective in helping to rid the body of scabies.
Cayenne pepper, mixed in a warm bath, will burn the blisters, rashes, and bumps without harming the top skin layers.
Rosemary leaves mixed with hot water, then allowed to cool, can be used over the areas that have a rash as many as three times per day. This should decrease the pain associated with scabies.
Turmeric, which kills the adults and baby mites, can be mixed with neem oil and combined to form a paste that should be applied to the skin for an hour before being rinsed off.
Important Note about the Treatment
- Make sure that after treating your skin, You wash all clothing and bed linens in hot water and dry on high.
- Vacuum the carpet and any furniture and If you are able, use also a wet vac to deep clean the fabric.
- In case the scabies is not treated, the long term inflammation and the continued scratching cause a deep infection on the skin with severe lost of hair and skin pigment and if the high risk to spread and transmit the scabies to anyone in close skin contact with you.
People also read
Leave A Response